Saturday 15 December 2012

Floppy-shloppy!

'allooo yougaiz. :D

And apologies, again. I've just been so busy I've hardly had the time to sit and write a post. Maybe I should quit work and take a well-deserved break. Yes, I certainly am considering that. Let's see how it goes.

Anyhooo, I'm back and with yet another easy-peasy DIY. I did this a few weeks back when i was extremely bored and was blankly staring at this big bag of useless stuff that I have not had the heart to throw out for almost a decade now. :P

So, without further ado, presenting to you, M's special Floppy Coasters! :D

You will need:

  • Floppy disks. I know you have a million of them stashed somewhere in your room. Find them, NOW!
  • Thread. Woolen or the ones used for embroidery. I used various shares that i already had. (Anchor)
  • Fabric glue or even Fevicol or Fevibond would do.  

What to do:

1. Apply a little fabric glue on one end of the floppy and start rolling the thread around the floppy.  

Use as many colors as you want or you can just one color, totally depends on how you want it to be.


2. Once you have covered the floppy entirely, stick the thread to the other corner using some more fabric glue and you are done!



Now, wasn't that easy?!



I'm now thinking of doing a paper weave pattern on top of the remaining floppies I have. Will do a post if that turns out the way I'm imagining it in my head.

What are you doing with all those floppies you have? Do let me know if you have any ideas in mind.:)

Until next time,
M
xx

2 comments:

  1. really colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, M!! This is too cool! Instagram these please, I want to use you for another STRUT120 feature (D.I.Y). :-D

    ReplyDelete